I launched Online Learning Insights (OLI) in 2012 as a place to share my research and observations about online education. It has evolved into a valued and credible source for hundreds of education professionals from over 90 countries. Readers in higher education and K-12 have shared OLI posts within their networks and their contributions have led to rich discussion within OLI’s comments, on Twitter, and on Google+, making OLI a place for learning and growth.
Selection of institutions using OLI as a resource:
- Online Learning Consortium Instructional series, “New to Online: The Essentials”
- John Hopkins University, School of Education, Professional Network Resources
- California State University Fullerton, School of Nursing, Resources for Faculty
- Rasmussen College, Faculty Teaching Series, “Fostering Presence: The Human Element and The Community of Inquiry Framework”
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Faculty Resources for Teaching Online
- Idaho Digital Learning Initiative, Resources for Educators
Selection of articles where Online Learning Insights is included:
- “Using the LMS a Social Network in a Supersized Course”, EDUCAUSE, Sidneyeve Matrix, (para. 7)
- “Integration of Online, Hybrid, and Collaborative Learning” in the The New Horizon Report 2014, New Media Consortium, (p. 10)
- “Putting the U in MOOCs: The Importance of Usability in MOOC Design” by Heather Noel Young, chapter featured in The Invasion of the MOOCs: The Promise and Perils of Massive Open Online Course, (p. 167)
For further information about me you can visit debbiemorrison.net. I work as an independent consultant and help higher education and K-12 institutions create, improve and enhance online and blended courses for students and instructors. Clients I’m currently working with include The World Bank, California State University Fullerton, and a private K-12 school, Carol Morgan School. I also collaborate with institutions to develop and create learning strategies and strategic plans to deliver relevant and effective learning.
To learn more about the consulting services I offer and how I help improve learning for students and instructors, visit my website at debbiemorrison.net/consulting-services.
- You can follow OLI on Twitter @OnlineLearningI
- Several of my slide share projects and seminars about online learning can be found on SlideShare.
- Other places on I’m on the Web: Google+, Linked In, Goodreads